X: Plans and Structures

When devising my solo performance I came through a lot of ideas and to show my development I have included all the notes and trial scripts/plans/structures of possible shows that could have been developed further. With the idea of the jigsaw pieces I allowed my ideas to be influenced by how I could use them.

IDEA ONE: Solo Performance 1 

It was more of an exploration into what I could possibly to. I knew I wanted to use music so part of it was writing down nine songs (one for each piece) that had some meaning or some impact upon my life. I jotted down different notes and possible ideas that could be helpful.

IDEA TWO: Solo Performance 2

The second idea was using the theme of society and escaping from these stereotypes placed upon us. Hamlet was an immediate draw when thinking about this and I found an modern translation of the soliloquy. I thought this would leave more of an impact upon audience’s if they are able to understand what he is trying to say easier. I used this along with a ‘rant’ I created from personal experiences and how stereotypes of society have impacted my life.

IDEA THREE: Solo Performance 3

My third idea was finding a person throughout history that would be represented on one of the jigsaw pieces. This was a firm choice for my final performance but the concerns I was left with was only having a minute each to talk about these people given the time limit. I thought it would be too rushed to try and attempt however I found some points of interest within my research that I could use for influence in the future.