XII: Fresh Ideas

I began stripping my idea back to the basics as I wasn’t completely satisfied from what I was producing.

Taking inspiration from a musician I follow I decided to create a performance based on that and tweak it slightly. Brendon Urie, someone I admired was making his debut performance on Broadway and this was the first time he’d be doing anything in the acting industry rather than stage performances as a singer. I began to think how he must be feeling regarding the matter. Although the two don’t seem that different, I began to explore how concerts and theatre were different and similar because they are both styles of performance, music and dance in different ways.

Knowing that I have the dream goal to be an actor, looking back at my very first idea I combined the two and came up with the scenario of an actor who has their first big West End debut but they are stuck in a train station waiting for a delayed train. The audience would be someone for them to talk to and the performance would play out as a conversation in a railway station waiting for a delayed train.

This was the start of a performance for which I could expand on. The content I wanted to explore how this person/myself was feeling knowing the industry they were entering, particulary emphasising on how social media and technology has an affect on actors.

YouTube. (2017). Panic! At The Disco’s Brendon Urie Struts Into KINKY BOOTS. [online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFZh4U8ewAE [Accessed 28 May 2017].